Modeled for the creation of digital twins. Organized by EIC-College of Industrial Engineers of Catalonia. During the course, the bases of the simulation that make possible the creation of digital twins are exposed. The developmental life cycle of a digital twin is explained and students are provided with the fundamental tools to be able to define simulation models.
The course begins with the introduction to a model definition language, the Specification and Description Language (SDL), an ITU-T standardized language especially suitable for the definition of digital twins in the Industry 4.0 environment. There are two tools that natively understand this language: PragmaDev Studio, a highly industry-oriented simulator 4.0 and the interconnection of the digital twin with IoT devices. And the SDLPS, a distributed simulator that allows the execution of the models in high-performance environments, such as the Marenostrum supercomputer, which allows a massive analysis of data.
It is aimed at engineers and business professionals who want to understand the basic mechanisms of modeling, from which the creation of digital twins is possible. More information
Dates: March 24 and 25, 2021
Mode: Online Teachers: Pau Fonseca i Joan Garcia
1. Definition and use of simulation. Creation of digital twins.
2. Stages of the development of a simulation model.
3. Elements of a simulator.
4. Classic discrete simulation engines (Event Schedulling, Activity Scanning, Process Interaction).
5. Characteristics of the SDL modeling language
6. Introduction to PragmaDEV and SDLPS
7. Existing simulation systems on the market (FlexSim, Arena, AnyLogic …)